Something has happened


 The worst house in Spain is no longer the worst house. In fact it turned out quite well. So we sold it. And now we have bought another worst house...😶


The new house isn't actually any better or worse than the old worst house but it is bigger. MUCH bigger, with a much bigger garden too, which means far more work and money altogether. So much needs doing. I mean SO much. This could be a seven or eight bedroom house but we're going for five large bedrooms instead. Part of the house will be an annexe for my parents, whose house was no longer suitable for their stage in life. There were also some non-negotiables I had to make it worth our while to move: a laundry room, a playroom for the kids, a proper walk in pantry, a large entrance hall and a library/craft room for me - which I have elevated above its station by dubbing it the 'studio'.

The garden is currently 3,500m of mandarin trees but will eventually include a swimming pool, a playground, a vegetable garden, chicken coop, a large lawn and an orchard. 

It's all very ambitious, which is why I have been asked to go back to documenting the process. It's also profoundly exciting, which is why I'm happy to do so. There are of course moments when we wonder what the hell we have got ourselves into and if we've bitten off more than we can chew, but actually I have faith.

What you see above is, believe or not, a super cool laundry room. More pictures forthcoming.

Comments